Livestock manure management
Why to divide solid fraction from liquid fraction?
Benefits of Solid Fraction
- To use as Compost in Greenhouses, Fruit crops, etc.
- To use in the field before seeding because the Nitrogen, present in Organic form in the solid fraction, is slowly absorbed by the ground
- Reduction of methane and odour emissions, due to aerobic stabilization of Solid Fraction
- To use as bedding in the barn (instead of straw)
- Easy and cheap to transport
Benefits of Liquid Fraction
- Can be used for Flushing of barns, channels, etc.
- Can be used for Fertigation in the field
- Volume reduction of the Lagoon for Liquid Fraction recovery (due to the absence of Solid Fraction volume)
- In the Liquid Fraction the Nitrogen is in Ammoniac form, that means fast absorption by the ground. Therefore, it can be used in the field after seeding, during crop growth.
- Reduction of Ammoniac NH3 emission because the Liquid Fraction penetrates in the ground faster
- Can be used in the Nitrogen Removing Plant